Today in 1978 Juan Carlos I was installed as the King of Spain following the death Francisco Franco in 1975. The three year process re-establish the ruling family but exerted government control back to the Spanish Parliament and President. So much has changed in the past 30 years, most notably the aging monarch and his Pop Star son; as well as, the possible secession of Catalonia and the Basque regions.
- To Keep Catalonia In, Spain Should Allow a Vote to Secede – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Barcelona FC wades into Catalonia independence row (telegraph.co.uk)
- Barcelona soccer club defends use of Catalan (sfgate.com)
- Voices: Independence for Catalonia (bbc.co.uk)
- King of Spain discharged from hospital after hip surgery (hollywood.com)