- Malaria is the single largest killer, after poverty, of children worldwide.
- At least one child dies every minute from malaria.
- The monies used globally to fight malaria are less than than those used for AIDS, HIV, or Cancer.
- The drugs to fight malaria and preventative measures are extremely low, yet distribution costs remain high because of access to remote people groups.
World Malaria Day Activities
- Tonight on HBO the movie Mary & Martha will air and show the story of two women fighting against malaria in Africa.
- One Campaign Google Hangout video.
- Malaria No More Announces Innovative Partners For Its ‘Power Of One’ Malaria Campaign (sacbee.com)
- African Students Invent Anti-Malaria Soap (mybrowneyedview.com)
- 9 Ways to end malaria – right from your computer! (one.org)