>I have added a page to the About Mr. Wilson listing dealing with Bullying and Harassment in schools. Bullying is one of the main reasons I went into teaching. Too many students today re bullied for various reasons and schools must be better at identifying ways to stop this epidemic and protect/empower the victims. It is not isolated to one group and should never be handed off as simply a part of growing up. Our students and our children deserve far better.
Michelle Rhee is one of my favorite characters in the school reform movement. Not necessarily her actions; as much, as her background and career. Young and energetic, she has become the face of the tough love reformers. It will take at least a generation to find out the overall aspects of her changes to the Beltway school district. I wonder what the Harlem Reform movement would think if she came to NYC.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Politics Lesson for D.C. Schools Chief Rhee? (blogs.wsj.com)
- Fenty’s Loss in D.C.: A Blow to Rhee’s Education Reform? (time.com)
- Teachers Unions vs. Education (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Is D.C. Education Reform in Peril? (abcnews.go.com)
- Is D.C. Mayor Adrian Fenty’s Loss a National Defeat for Education Reform? (theroot.com)